This Diabetes Week (13–19 June)
Your blood sugar won’t always be in range. Figuring out food labels and menus might have you tearing your hair out. And you might have treated that 3am hypo with a few too many jelly babies. (And biscuits. Oh, and that sandwich…) But you’re doing it, every single day. Living with diabetes, juggling the ups and downs. And that’s worth celebrating.
So, this Diabetes Week, let’s celebrate you, the millions of people going through the same things, and everyone who’s there to support you along the way.
MyType1Diabetes is a free online resource that offers tailored advice and information created by NHS experts and people living with type 1 diabetes.
The programme is aimed at adults with type 1 diabetes, their families / carers, and healthcare professionals. It provides access information about type 1 diabetes through videos, articles and accredited online education courses.
MyType1 Diabetes can:
•Help you understand more about type 1 diabetes and increase your confidence in how to manage it.
•Signpost you to content created by other expert organisations.
•Offer resources in up to 10 other languages including Polish, Spanish and Urdu.
•Support you to set achievable goals for your diabetes self-care.
MyType1Diabetes is available now. Start using the programme today at: www.mytype1diabetes.nhs.uk
Type 1 diabetes:
- If you’ve been diagnosed with diabetes, managing your condition is important.
- By leading a healthy lifestyle and managing your diabetes well, you can reduce the risk of the complications of diabetes.
- MyType1Diabetes is a free online platform that can support you to live well with type 1 diabetes.
- MyType1Diabetes includes tailored advice and resources created by NHS diabetes experts and people living with type 1 diabetes.
- MyType1Diabetes provides information about diabetes in different formats, including videos, leaflets and eLearning courses.
- MyType1Diabetes is available now. Start using the programme today at: www.mytype1diabetes.nhs.uk
Healthy Living for people with type 2 diabetes is a free online structured education programme designed to help users learn more about type 2 diabetes. Healthy Living has been clinically proven and can help participants live well with type 2 diabetes.
The programme is available to anyone over the age of 18, living in England with type 2 diabetes. Carers of those living with type 2 diabetes can sign up too.
How to join
The programme is available now via self-referral. Start using the programme today by visiting: https://www.healthyliving.nhs.uk/
Type 2 diabetes:
- Adopting a healthy lifestyle and managing your type 2 diabetes can help you avoid complications such as amputation, heart disease, and strokes.
- Healthy Living for people with type 2 diabetes is an online programme clinically proven to help participants live well with their type 2 diabetes.
- Healthy Living is an online programme so you can access information and advice at home, work, or on the move.
- If you are over 18 years old and have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, start the Healthy Living programme today.
- If you care for, or are a family member of someone living with type 2 diabetes, you can sign up too.
- Sign up today at www.healthyliving.nhs.uk
Published: Jun 10, 2022
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.